Tuesday 11 September 2007

SAFRA AVVentura - The Coastal Challenge (090907)

Hey hey...hello there. Long time no see. Actually..its cos i've been going for camps and and training hard for the SAFRA AVVentura- The Coastal Challenge. This is an annual adventure race and woah..it did take my breath away.
We started of at Tampines SAFRA and ran a very long run all the way to Pasir Ris beach. On the way, we passed, Tampines Ave 10, SCDF HQ and tampines mt. bike trail. After dat, we hit the park connector and ran all e way to Downtown East and in to Pasir Ris beach. There, we colleceted our bikes and biked on the beach(it was so tough) and into the forest for some dirt/trail biking. We ended up at Pasir Ris Farmway and followed a drain/ canal all the way to another part of dirt/trail biking. We then reached the river seperating SengKang Punggol and Pasir Ris. There, the bottle neck was so long...it took abt 1hr 30mins to clear.
We tied our bikes to the tubes and swam across the river to Punggol Beach area and biked through a lot of sand and lalang and sharp plants..Ouch. There was a checkpoint somewhere along the way and it was navigation...haiz..imagine bashing through all the sharp and pokey plants. But still, we found all the checkpoints and passed that station. After a long time of biking, we arrived at Punggol End and dropped off our bikes. It was time for archery and I was the one doing it. First shot was off but the next 3 shots got me a pass. =) After that, it was just running all the way to Marina Country Cub. There, we got on our kayaks and paddled 8km to Yishun in strong currents. 1hr 10mins later, we arrived at Yishun and ran to Yishun SAFRA. Along the way, i met many NVSS volunteers who directed the way to SAFRA. At SAFRA, we had to do juma + rock climb at the same time and when both of us were up, we had to abseil down and then run to the finish point. I am proud to say, i did all these in 8hrs+.
Not sure of my standing but I COMPLETED THE RACE!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not participate now in discussion - there is no free time. But I will be released - I will necessarily write that I think on this question.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk.